PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2007, 15:17
speedy195

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi ac, this is from the SIA cadet pilot website

- GCE ‘A’ level, Polytechnic Diploma or Degree. In addition you must have obtained a minimum of 5 Credits in the GCE ‘O’ level or its equivalent. These must include English, Mathematics and a Science subject, preferably Physics, taken in one sitting.

note the IN ADDITION, and ITS EQUIVALENT. i guess it applies still.anyway, no harm trying. who knows what the management is thinking now. since some bright kids nowadays go straight for 'a' levels...if the college cert you did in perth was of the same standard, it shouldn't be a problem.

as for aditya, if i'm not mistaken, there was a field in the online application form that prompted for your expected GPA, so i think if you can roughly guess that value, whether or not the actual results are out yet, it doesn't really matter. but you're definitely getting the degree right?

bottom line is, just try, and if they reject anyone, then you know you don't meet their criteria.

disclaimer..i'm not an expert. i'm not even a cadet yet. just giving my thoughts on this.