PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Re: Low Flying Question
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:02
Helicopspeeder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Low Flying Question

We are all professional pilots here, are we not? I have just read the thread (now locked by moderator) started by xrdbear. This concerned resident has gone to the trouble of finding and joining this site and posting on its often hostile forum as he has a legitimate concern. He was polite, gentlemanly and considered in his question and opinion. Why then have you professional pilots told him in no uncertain terms (with a few notable exceptions) to F*&# off and stop wasting your valuable time? This man has a problem and he has come to us for advice. It is obviously a weekend and the CAA can't offer him any help, the heli will be gone by the time the CAA get to their 9-5 offices and he has decided to come to the professionals for advice. Well done guys, we sent him away with his hat in his hands, probably to become another helicopter hater. Why lock the forum to stop further comment. Correct me if I am wrong but I belive that was an abuse of power by the moderator based solely upon his or her individual opinion. Why is it that we all feel the need to defend this pilot's actions rather than aknowledge the concerns of this gentleman and let him know that scaring his livestock, possibly flying dangerously and disturbing his peace are not what we are all about?
We here in Aus take a "fly neighbourly" approach to our operations and take a very dim view indeed of those cowboys who choose to bring ill feeling toward our chosen profession/hobby. I think that xrdbear should be advised to post the rego of the machine involved and let the pilot defend his actions in front of his peers.