PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Internal Attitude Survey
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2007, 08:49
Compressorstall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Say you were standing with one foot in the oven and one foot in an ice bucket. According to the percentage people, you should be perfectly comfortable." ~Bobby Bragan, 1963
Bearing in mind that it is only about 30% of the Regular RAF that deploys frequently on ops, then perhaps 74% of officers and 64% of airmen are content. Having seen recent presentations by the Big Cheeses, we are all apparently happy with pretty much everything - pay, detachments, uniforms, leave etc...
So what's the truth? Is the PPrune population part of the bleeding hearts where the grass is never green enough, or is the oftten discussed overstretch/high operational tempo biting but our grown-ups are in denial? A recent presentation I saw stated that PVR isn't a problem, and that it's only families that make us leave - you'd all better hope that the Air Force Board hasn't been watching the film 300 about the Spartans where they all indulged in obsessive male bonding and rampant man love to keep the unit identity. I'm not sure I could pull off wearing the leather shorts any more, and where would I keep my pen on the exciting staff tours I get to do? However, it may be that the RAF Rucksack is enough of a unifying factor... Perhaps we could run our own survey. What was the Armed Forces Federation supposed to do again?