PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL av school
Thread: PAL av school
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2007, 02:36
zenflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Background of PAL AV applicants?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you know what the typical background of the PAL applicants (those who are applying) and the successful applicants (those who actually get in) are. I've heard that the number of applicants range in the hundreds to thousands each batc? Is this true? if so then competition to get in would be really tight!

Although PAL cadet training is ab-initio, do they prefer applicants with actual PPL even CPL's and with flying time? Or an aviation degree at an aviation college? I'm applying to PAL AV schooll and would like to get an idea of my chances of actually getting in. I have no aviation education background of flying time (apart from taking a 120 minute orientation flight at Omni) However I am fluent in English, have an undegrad degree in Economics (and a few Masters degree credits too) from a top college and five years of work experience in officer level. I don't know if all this will help though if a lot of the other applicants have actual aviation experience. Would any of you guys know? Thanks!