PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2007, 01:50
Tasha_28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Samya,

Its always good to hear peoples different thoughts on these open days.

Although I have been relatively successful up to this point (waiting for the call) I can certainly take on board what you are saying.

Hope and excitement is definitely built up....before the real recruitment stage has even started you want this job more than anything...plus chatting to those around you while waiting, seeing how excited and fab they are, making friends with them in such a short time only to be told "sorry try again in 6 months" would be a massive let down.

Im not too sure at what stage they should show those videos of desert sunsets, beautiful arabian dancers and happy Emirates Cabin Crew smiling into the camera to be honest.
They want everyone to have a buzz about the company, even if they walk away unsuccessful so you will want to come back and try again.
This is a double edged sword though it seems and can lead to big disappointment as much as it can lead to big excitement.

Keep on trying, definately dont give up.

After reading these boards and talking to CC at Emirates I get the feeling that quite often, the ones who get through have done so through perseverance, not just experience, grooming & disposition.

Tasha
x