PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe/Bacon - 4
Thread: Flybe/Bacon - 4
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2007, 19:44
J-Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"1. Booked on BA code, so expected to be able to check in in the normal way -NOT. £450 inc. taxes (last minute flex) - CRAP!"

If you travel on a flybe reference you can check in online. But you were one of the unlucky ones who couldnt manage to check in online because of the merger. Not the first and not the last - that problem lies with BA.

"2. Expected normal transition through T3 - NOT. Huge rugby scrum, long queues, little Flybe staff and the few that did appear were stressed, rude staff who had clearly lost control. When complained, was told "well we do have 60 flights this morning!" Not an excuse - you'll have that every morning!!! "

There are dedicated lanes in place, handbaggage only and fast drop (46) and economy plus (45 but used in busy times as a second desk for HB and FD) the snake system is for passengers checking in bags as there far more who do so. hence the 'snake system'.
As for staff who seemed stressed, its possible but as for them being rude, i have never come across it but if it is the case there is no excuse and i wont defend that.
Every morning there are hundreds of passengers who transit T3 to check in with flybe. A bit of patience doesnt go a miss.
Do you allow plenty of time to check in for your flight? If you do i cant see the waiting being a problem, as you will only have to do this at security, wait to board, wait to take off, wait to land, and wait to taxi to stand.

3. Bused to wrong plane this morning (by that stage, beyond stressful and extremely laughable).

That my friend isnt the handling agents problem, that is a different company who handle it.

4. No push back vehicle for app. 30 / 40 mins after boarding. It's normally ATC restrictions causing lack of push and start, not equipment (even more laughable).

That again is a different company, Ringway's problem.

5. Stress that the cabin crew were great - not their fault.

Finally we find a good part.

"For Frankfurt in future, Lufthansa, you've got my business! For all other locations (any other operators by air or any other means), you've got my business! Never again with Flybe - sorry.
Never really been a big customer of Flybe but honestly, on this morning's exploits, I'm really surprised they've risen to be as big as they are.... Public, fare paying people, is this the standards you've come to accept in service???!!!"

Flybe is imo, the best low cost carrier around, both for prices and service. Theres no guarantee everything will go smoothly no matter what airline you choose. Even if you pay £700 for your ticket you may still have a delay somewhere in the system.

A PPL and experienced business traveller who flies on around 200 flights per year!!

Whoopee do! That makes you above the rest of people who actually have some patience then i guess!

At peak times all the check in desks with every airline are jam packed, you should see BA's desks most mornings at 5am! same with AA's desks, BMI's and all the other airlines in T3!