PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly basing
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:13
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long to get LGW for Tfly

I'd like to apply to Tfly, as an SO. I've got the 757 rating and time on type, but it'll be a year or two before I get the 1500 hours for an FO application at the current rate.
As I'm a mid life career changer (mid 30's) I have other responsibilities which tie me to the south east (kids, wife career etc). I'm currently flying out of LGW and it suits me very well.
I know i'm unlikely to get LGW as a base initially, and I know the question is akin to "how long is a piece of string". But what sort of time range is it likely that I could get to LGW - month, 6 months, year, 10 years?
what is likely to be an initial base? Luton is good for me. I understand STN is closing.
What is the likelyhood of being able to commute if I get somewhere miles away for a while?
I've done alot of reasearch and really would like to apply to TFly and make it work, as they are my first choice of career airline, but I'm also mindful that I'm not a free spirit 20 year old any more and have other responsibilities too.
Also any ideas, rumours etc on what the merger is going to do to T's and C's and basing?