PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2007, 08:52
Tappers Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help yourselves

Thank you for all your support Ian and all the questions you have asked about safety in the House Of Commons.
Here is a little part of his recent speech.

"I am always struck by the enormous enthusiasm and resilience of our soldiers and airmen. They make it their business to get the job done in some of the most hostile terrain in the world, even though they are unfortunately often without the proper kit. Our people are performing daily miracles in these places and they deserve the united applause and support of this House—I know that they get it."

"They also deserve the Government’s support in all shapes and forms, especially through procurement. That means providing more than the bare minimum. I have no doubt that the Minister will respond, as we all sometimes do, by reeling off huge, impressive-sounding figures to show how much has been spent and what has happened. We all accept that defence is always
expensive; everybody is aware that even the bare minimum does not come cheap. My argument is that we are in danger of cutting too many corners and of procuring nothing but danger for the very people who courageously carry the flag for this country."