PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Option, but you've waived your option. Didn't you know?
Old 2nd May 2007, 07:54
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MadAxeMan

Having read your plight, there is but one very simple solution.......
You, by yourself, pick a date that you want to leave the service and put it in writing to the following people:
a Your Sqn Cdr
b The Staish
c PMA
d AOC

Explain to them that you are fed up with being screwed around by a bunch of incompetant fools, that you feel you have been 'cheated' by these new 'options' and that you WILL leave the service on that day.
Stand back and watch what happens. Probably very little, because at the end of the day, they know that what they are doing / have done. will not stand up in a court or law. Let it ne known that you have no qualms about going to the press or indeed redressing those at the very top. Endex.

I am sympathetic to your cause, believe me, but I would point out that this kind of thing has been to the 'lower ranks' for absolutely years and years, and it is ironic that it is now making headlines! I am in no way anti Officer, but it is amazing to find that even the officer cadre are now being shafted by their own!

As for your own problem Sir - just do it. There will be no adverse consequences believe me, and no one will even bat an eye lid when you're gone!

TSM