PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Success storys
Thread: Success storys
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2007, 07:32
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go on then. I'll tell you something positive. Over the last few years I spent approx £110k which gave me PPL(H), PPL(A), CPL(H), FI(H), Ratings on R22, R44, B206, AS355. oh, and a multi engine IR(H)! I managed to get to about 1000 hours flying by instructing part time and some part time commercial stuff and was then taken on with an offshore operator flying multi crew S76. At this time there was also a much younger guy taken on with a SEIR(H) and 300hours TT. He is now typed on S76 and flying offshore. (his training cost him about 75k.)
Anyway, would I do it all again? Probably, even knowing what I know now. The reason? Because I had a dream to fly for a living and fixed wing just doesn't 'float my boat' so to speak. So the main positive for me is the fact I get up in a morning, looking forward to going to work. How many people do you know who feel like that every day? Not many I bet. Or maybe i'm just a sad case?
If you want something badly enough, give it a go. What have you got to lose. You only get one life. This isn't a dress rehearsal for the real thing!!!:ok