PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Independent Financial Adviser
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2007, 04:01
airbusbatics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for your advice Flex, and thank you too Beta for your input.

I am aware the most so called IFAs are affiliated with some of the insurance companies and push only for the product that gives them the highest comission, not the product that would suit best the needs of the customer.
I know some on a personal level, most do not have any sort of background or training in Finance (even know an ex-model cum IFA), they just found an easy way of making a buck as an intermediary. The companies that they work for tell them to push to sell a certain plan and that is what they do. More of a salesperson than an actual advisor.

I too wouldn't go to one of these for biased advice nor would I let them manage (skim) my money....The reason I was asking is because I was looking to do one of those retirement plans for expats in the Isle of Man (Hansard, Royal Skandia, etc) which, I believe, are not bad, but unfortunately they have to be setup through a financial intermediary or institution, they can't be done directly. I was just looking for a reputable intermediary who would limit to getting his/her commission from the plan provider and not try to charge me a percentage of my investment.

These kind of jobs are what I like to call the Parasite Professions, they don't actually produce anything, they just like to live off what others produce...

CORRECTION - Mrs. Busbatics reminds me that it is now no further called MY money, it is now known as OUR money...

Thanks guys!