PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On To Greener Pastures
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2007, 02:19
Scott Voigt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Bex;

Elaine tried to send you something today and it bounced, you may have a new e-mail, if you would send us your current one...

To all...

Well today was the LAST DAY in the building... It was quite a nice day, thunderstorms all around, aircraft going every which way excepted the flight planned route <G>, and the sup would NOT LET ME PLUG IN!!!!!!!!!!! <sigh> Oh well, I had a great time anyway... Did all the signing of papers and turning in of things, then saying bye to folks... I was doing GREAT until the end of shift when I for the last time walked down the isle looking in at everyone busily vectoring their little hearts out in each separate area. It then struck me that after 33 years of doing this wonderfully fun thing called Air Traffic Control, I would no longer have the privilege of doing it <sigh>. It humbled me, and gave me a moment of pause.... I have to admit, I did get misty eyed and then thought on how much I would miss it.... It will pass and I will do other things that will take the place of it, but aviation will NEVER leave me <sigh>.... Enjoy it all while you can... It is indeed one of the best jobs in the world...

regards

Scott