PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 3
Thread: BRISTOL - 3
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 20:16
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry,

1. See post #245 herein re Gibraltar flights.

2. I agree the airport is looking a bit uncared for in places. I commented on this a few weeks ago. There seems to be perpetual improvements being carried out, at the moment of relatively minor nature, but if a substantial part of the master plan receives planning consent in due course I anticipate a major building site for a lot longer - a bit like the city of Bristol with all the work going on there.

3. It seems easy's schedule from late May will require the tenth aircraft - don't know about number eleven though.

4. Interesting to see what Air Southwest might be up to. They are pulling their CWL to NQY and MAN flights and reducing BRS-LBA from three daily rotations to two from July. At present they only fly within the UK but one wonders whether they are looking towards any of the former BAConnect European routes from BRS that might be too thin for the likes of easyJet.

5. Continental and BRS say that demand on the EWR route is very high this summer, citing the dollar/pound exchange rate as one possible reason. However, they also say that inbound pax now account for 40% of the traffic which sounds very good news because the inbound sector was always the Achilles Heel of this route.