PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cornet Wales (Prince Harry)
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 18:04
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
I totally agree that Harry should serve wherever his troops are.
I'm all for the days of royalty leading the men into battle,

"Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!"

However and it's a big one, with $625,000 on his head, I'm sure there will be people hell bent on getting to him and never mind anyone in the vicinity!

All well and good him wanting to go and do his job, but for everyone else, like us armchair generals saying he joined up and should go and do his job like every other squaddie, think of his comrades.

I think I would be really peeved if I knew a member of my family had been killed because of no other aim of the enemy than to get the Prince.

If he was to stay in London and perhaps show some moral human courage and compassion, in a role such as families officer, (without of course nights out for the duration of the tour and 'trying to kop off with the lonely ones at home') supporting those left at home and showing a compasionate side. He will still be fighting with his troops, protecting their families against the ravishes of time, lonely time and knowing that your family member is at risk, while those who decided to go to war rest peacefully in their beds at home with their families with them

I admire his commitment and loyalty, but for the protection of his comrades I think not this time.