PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL av school
Thread: PAL av school
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 17:44
bluecrush198

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kurimaw,

well its up to you coz it really wont matter what college degree you have when you want to be a pilot. true, AMT subjs are really old and thats because aircraft systems and technology are also old. for me, its just a matter of what kinds of things you want to learn and what would keep you driven while earning your degree. hehe yeah i know most instructors in PATTS has a price but its really up to you if you want to learn or get your tuitions worth.

and let me tell you that when you apply for PAL av you will also pay more or less 10thou for the medical and psychological tests.

hmm... if im not mistaken, your training manuals are for the flight crew of an A320 and B747-400. lufthansa technik philippines is an MRO station w/c means maintenance, repair and overhaul facility. i dont think it would be necessary to read it coz you wont actually fly the plane there. but it would also pay to be familiar with various a/c systems and operations so you wont annoy chief mechanics by asking too much questions like when i was there hehe!

no, LTP does not require their trainees to be familiar with the a/c, once you are in you will soon realize that people working there are very understanding. they will teach you everything you need to know and will always be in a mechanics side untill you gain their trust, then they will leave you to do the work (sometimes alone) while they drink coffee and smoke outside the hangar hehe!

you can familiarize yourself with any a/c type or model, its all up to you but don't memorize it all! thats why it is S.O.P. for mechanics to check the maintenance manual, task cards, illustrated parts catalog, ATA chapters etc. while working just to be sure they won't miss any procedures.

sydav,

i don't think PAL will ask you about your thesis when you apply here. but that really depends on the panelists in your interview. they may ask awkward questions depending on their mood. but if you are qualified and they see determination in you, then im sure they will give you a chance.

dj852 & anansi_boy,

hehe im looking forward to seeing you guys in clark hehe! anansi, can you tell me what kind of eye tests they conducted on your final medical?