PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC holdpool (ATPers)
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 13:58
Penworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waitingwaitingwaitin. I was in the same position as you a year or so ago, I was going through the CTC process, while at the same time doing the assesments for Flybe. In the end I went with CTC as, like you, it was my preferred option in terms of type rating, future career progress etc. However, I was in the fortunate postion of moving almost immediately from the AQC to the type rating, which obviously isn't the case now.
If I were you I would call CTC and see if you can get some kind of rough idea of how long you will be waiting. Just explain to them that they are your preferred option but that you have another option which you are considering. Are you having to pay for the E145 type rating? That may be quite a big consideration because as you know the type rating is free with CTC (providing you pass it!).

Dried Ears. Not quite sure where your cynicism is coming from, as far as I know every single pilot who has passed the CTC selection process and AQC has gone on to fly for 6 months for a partner airline. A small minority have not been given permanent contracts after that, but that's hardly CTC's fault! Communication may not be CTC's strong point, but the fact is that if you get in the holding pool, you will get put on a type rating course and line training with an airline sooner or later.
PW