PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad news for AO cabin crew in Cairns?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 06:42
air doris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well two things I know for sure (FA's) is one, we wont become JetStar International as that process is done (so will all the speculators saying that we will be turned into them please stop).

Two, we will NEVER be offered long haul positions under the current L/H EBA. This is the one division QF are trying to reduce.

QF management do not want to get rid of us, they could have easily done that in July last year, no questions asked. QF management have recieved glowing reports of us re our service, safety and op's, and our audits have been fantastic going on available info. Given the fact that QF has major expansion in mind I cant see them just booting experienced, dedicated, proffesional and hard working crew out the door, hell it would cost them more to pay us out than it would to train new crew.

The problem lies with current EBA's in place. We won't be placed anywhere until these expire, L/H expires around the same time as ours, Jan 08 (L/H Dec 07 I think) not sure about S/H. Given that fact and the outcome of new EBA's I think we will be around in our capacity at least until then.

Apparently (and please quote me if I am wrong) QF are looking at having a total of around 6000 FA's due to expansion. That is huge compared to the current (around) 3,700. Under what conditions we are employed, who know's but talking to L/H crew neither do they. The next EBA will be a tough one and we must support them as the L/H crew may just be fighting for our future conditions.

This is my hope,

The other alternative is they will make us all redundant and we will have to re-apply. I'm happy to sacrifice my money if I keep my job, and I will relocate ANYWHERE, hell, I have done Cairns for 5 years.