PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2007, 20:57
peterlondon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
recently accepted for gatwick

i was recently accepted for gatwick. i was gutted when i didnt get the temp contract for heathrow last year so was very happy to be accepted for gatwick, i couldnt really beleive the low wages because i know people who work for ba who seem to manage, but having studied this site and the helpful remarks on it it seems that gatwick isnt really viable for someone living and renting in london, i was going for the job for the travel to be honest, but i think if you have a decent job and want to travel you might actually see more more of the world keeping a living wage and ryanairing it for weekends abroad. i have to say that the online support and inforamtion i received from cabin crew i have never even met was amazingly generous and informative, but i think gatwick is not for me, im a bit disheartened that people who applied at the same time as me but booked later interview dates have been offerd jobs at heathrow because the training course at gatwick are now full, so if id booked a later interview id be on a higher wage and closer to home cos id have been placed at heathrow after all..ah well..im glad i was offered the job anyway, proves that BA dont discriminate on age at least, though seem inflexible on where they place you even when there are vacacncies at both airports..for any applicants going for interviews at heathrow for european short haul my tips are be smiley and freindly, the interviewers are very nice, have lots of examples about providing a good customer service, working out of hours, and also resolving conflict in the workplace with colleagues, also about how you take criticism during supervision, also the group exercise is deceptively easy, but i failed on this once, the knack is listening to other people rather than talking over them i think, remembering peoples names and using it when you speak to them, contribrute but dont be pushy and talk over peolpe, but dont sit there shy...good luck to everyone who secures an interview at heathrow, and thanks again to all teh crew who share tips on this forum. peter