PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do I land a job with Cebu Pacific?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2007, 14:21
Filam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do I land a job with Cebu Pacific?

Hello,

I recently moved to Dumaguete, Phillippines. I was told that Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines are hiring pilots. I have not flown for a year due to family obligations. I have a total time of 1,600 with 200 hours of muli-engine (piston) 7 hours in a turbine. I am pretty much here indefinitely.

If anyone can help me have a several questions regarding getting employment as a pilot for Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines:

1. How much is a license conversion with the ATO. Is there any testing or course I have to take?

2. My time is not current. I have not flown for almost a year. Will they accept my time and will they get me current?

3. Is there a weight requirement?

4. Do I need to pay for training or will they pay for it provided you finish your 5 year bond?

5. What are the schedules like? Can I dead head back to the province? Or I need to be based in Manila? Other operations at home allow a pilot to go home and others require to stay in Manila.

7. Is there a blog on how to pass the interview? How to pass the training?

8. How long is training and is it paid by the company?

9. How long is Captain upgrade?

10. What is 1st year pay as a SO?

Thank you for all your help and fly safe! This will be a great help to support my wife as she goes back to school for medicine. My deepest gratitude.

Sincerely,

Filam