PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2007, 13:37
flymarylaety

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris

So i went to the Open Day in Paris and didnt get through either.

Mat: i counted the rows and nb of seat per row... we were over 140... actually around 170 eww

I went through the first stage (we were only 40 or so, if it can reassure you), actually there were still lots of guys, and not always good-looking/ nor with a good english. I don't understand well their recruitment criteria, i think it's just a matter of feeling they have anyway..

I didn't pass then the second stage, and as far as i know they weren't a lot to (from all the people i asked around, a few got it).
I don't know at all why i didn't get it, maybe in the group talk it's a matter of talking without being pushy and without showing yourself as the leader... that's how i wanted to behave first, but as everyone is trying to talk during those 4 min, it's hard not to take control at one point, if you want to be able to have a word...
Or maybe it's because i couldnt remember what was the title of the favorite movie of the girl seating next to me... (but i thought my fluent english, my confidence when talking in front of a group and my smiling/positive/sociable attitude would have been enough )
Uhm i don't really know what happened... I was rather serene... whatever, I'll try again in 6 months
Now that i know that i am able to match the profile their looking for, I'll try again and see if i can go through more stages!

Oh and you guys know what happened to me? I received a missed call from Emirates the same day i've been out from the Open Day!!!
I called back but the guy couldn't tell me why i had been contacted before (it was apparently a calling center so he didnt know who called me)... hehe i imagined all kind of scenario ("ohhh please getting you out was an error, come back!" ).. but they never called back

Anyway good luck to all of you folks trying the Open Day, and enjoy your new life in Dubai, for the lucky one that got thought! I'll be one of you in a little more than 6 months hopefully!

Last edited by flymarylaety; 1st May 2007 at 08:49.