PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2007, 13:23
AfroArabianDoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Wishing & Waiting!

Hello All!
Ive read all the pprune forums and for about 3 months too but this is my first ever post. I initially applied online whilst I was In lebanon (Middle east) but due to some circumstances I only submitted it when I relocated to Ghana(west africa). In less than a month, I was sent an email asking me to attend the preliminary interview. That was when pprune, Helfisch, Casablanca85, Motherhen, Emiratesgal, and many more came into my life... Im sorry if i have left a few out.I want to thank you all for the sound advice and most of all, your narration of the experiences which is quite comforting to newcomers.

Anyway, i practically chewed and poured out the advice on this page and breezed through the selection proces, i believe it helped that i have lived in two very differenct cultures and speak Arabic as well. I got a call about 10 days after the final interview to check my email for the job offer. After going through a hectic medical process,(lots of shots to get, and lots of cash to spend), I sent the reports in by fax aaproximately one month ago but only sent in my pap smear results and second reference letter today as the medical structure in Ghana is quite slow and I had to request the reference letter all the way from lebanon.

The set departure date is 18th of May, yet I havent received any email stating my meds have been cleared and or received. I am kind of getting worried, my family and friends has already planned a whole weekend of parties, and we've even bought the stuff and hired the dj! Everyone seems to be so sure that i will get it, ive even began buying extra deo, shampoo, all that..and packing my suitcase... Also, I told them I woudl need at least 2 weeks to resign from my current job and truthfully, ever since the final interview, i have no interest in my job whatsoever! i cant wait to leave, i hope my departure date isnt set back! the best part? my boyf of three years lives in dubai and i havent seen him for 9 months!

so basically, after all my random babbling, is it normal to make the joiner wait this long? i mean, i only have 18 days to go, and still no approval (or dissaproval) of medicals?

P.S. HELFISCH; you are absolutely right, what with the scars, as long as they arent too intense, it is not a problem. For me, i have a few old pox marks on my legs but nothing wich cant be covered up with the famous stockings!