PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2007, 09:17
helfsich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scars

I'm not entirely sure about this whole 'certain look' business. I'm currently employed by EK and I have my fair share of acne and chicken pox scars.

To be honest, it's not really whether you have the right look or not. It's whether or not you are qualified, whether or not you are keen, and whether or not you are prepared to look your best on the day. You'd be surprised how many people do rock up, just to see what it's like, just to see how far they can get.

I had to work a breakfast shift before going to my interview, I had spilt scambled eggs on my pants, and I was convinced I wasn't going to get in.

But I participated (but didn't dominate) in the group discussions. I spoke about my customer service experience, about angry customers and my actions following their complaints. I did what I could grooming wise - black pants (changed to a skirt for the final interview), white business blouse, black, figure hugging jacket, neutral makeup, nude stockings, groomed nails, clean hair tied in a ponytail.

In group discussions when we had to introduce ourselves, I made sure what I said was memorable, and tried not to repeat what others had said. Whenever I spoke it was clear, whenever I didn't speak I was smiling. I was actively listening to both the interviewers and to other potential recruits who were speaking.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but this is pretty much what I did. Don't be discouraged if you do get that letter... there are girls who have been accepted on their 6 attempt.

Good luck...