PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 19 to 33 seater turboprops
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2007, 07:57
stankou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I have worked on Beech1900C/D for a long time, and I'm affraid you can remove that aircraft from your list for the following reasons:

1/The A/C is no more produced by Raytheon and there is no sound that will change shortly
2/On that A/C, the toilets are an option,and they are installed in the Cargo bay, so you cannot operate with 19 seats AND toilets. (the 19th seat is located at the last line of seats as a triple seat, and you have to install a hard partition with to separate cabin and cargo)
3/In case of you will operate with 18 seats and toilets, you must also install a partition ( either Hard or a crashnet) in the cargo bay witch cut the half of your cargo area.
4/ For your galley, you have to make a choice:
- A aft galley, located after the toilets, but but you have no more cargo bay ( but you can join a Beech200 just for the baggages )
- A forward galley, located instead of the normal wardrobe, located juste in front of the paxdoor, but that device is very heavy (150/160 lbs) and that could be a problem if you mix the MTOW and High and short Runway.
5/ The B1900D is equipped with Collins proline radio and nav system. Due to the type of operation with the Beech1900 ( short legs and a lot of switch "on" and "off" per day), the avionics systems suffering of that, and you must have a consequent avionics spare parts available. In fact, the Beech 1900 is a 19seats A/C but the maintenance cost is nearly the same that a 30/36 seats per flight hour.

The good thing is the very reliability of the PT6 engines, and the A/C is certified FAR and JAR 23 asa single pilot aircraft...
So I don't think that A/C is good for your kind of operation.

Salut