PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving CX.
Thread: Leaving CX.
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2007, 01:00
Beta Light

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a critic of the training, and had a couple of run in; hick up’s myself with the “system”.

I just complete a four sector Safety Pilot flight. The trainer was fantastic. Give the F/O (freighter guy with some experience) really good inputs. Made the student feel relaxed. Very fair in his comments. There are a lot of trainers like this in C.X.

The problem is the culture is created on the 3rd floor, supported by a few on the line. These are the same guys that is very dodgy when you fly with them, or do a sim with them. But they always come back with the “so busy in the office, should fly the line a bit more” that make them feel better.

First question you are asked when you mention you have a check coming is “who with”.
90% of the time your mate would say “Fair guy” But beware you get the wrong guy on the wrong day, which can cost you for a loooong time in C.X.

For the 90% of good trainers in C.X. , you know who you are, and thank you, but can you not change the culture from the bottom up??

Let’s start by getting rid of the Star Chamber, that was so sugar coated in a recent publication, and trust our checker’s with a Pass or Fail.

What is with this Cat A,B,C,D sh1t. I want to be Proficient every flight. You have a P.C. twice a year, and a line check once a year to HELP me stay proficient, and on track for my command.