PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour building (USA)
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2007, 00:20
tony2F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Platinum 206 Hi,

I'm in PHX at the moment only 2 weeks left and its home to the green isle! Came over here 3 months ago and did cpl/ir. Flew in florida a few years ago, yeah totally agree boring. Az is far from boring, mountain flying hot and high problems some amazing scenery. Apart from that I've had some amazing encounters with F16's and today with 2 Harriers all very polite and I was chuffed that they waved at me in my warrior.

I'm based in Chandler like shamrogue .I'm at Chandler Air Service. Warrior $86 per hour. I would recommend this to anyone. I've been in NM, CA, NV, UT and all over AZ. The IR training all done in the aeroplane under the hood, holding alt in these thermals is a skill alone but you will learn how to handle it. My flying has improved no end. The school is brill, not perfect but this is the real world. The US has less then 100 aerobatic instructors and 4 of them are in this school. The red bull race team arrived at the school 2 days ago and the aeroplanes are being assembled now for the race this week. This school is very realistic and not a big shiny american flight school with ppls wearing uniforms, you will be taught to fly the aeroplane cause the biggest part of these guys business is aerobatic training. The FBI and the CIA do all their spin training here. The check ride you get is also very strict not like some of these other american schools, this makes the transition to IR in the UK much easier.

I visited alot of schools and picked this one so I wouldn't suffer the difficult conversion that so many ppruners talk about and are correct about. Its up to you to find somewhere that suits you. CAS suits me, and every $1000 you deposit you get 10% more added to your account or you can pay as you go. I lodged $1000 at a time.

AZ beats florida hands down, but still looking forward to home and flying there again.

hope this helps

Tony2f