PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX cadet pilot for foreigners
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 21:01
dc1011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is true that they try to employ about 200-250 pilots per annum. I had a chat with a CX staff long time ago, she stated that CX really wants to fit most of these vacant position with local cadets, however it is not an easy job to find that amount of locals suitable for CPP due to some reasons (lack of aviation training facilities, passion, english problem...). There are about 2000 applicants per annum, but most of them just treat CPP as a chance of getting a well paid + cool job rather than enjoy doing it for their entire remaining life. I m sure all of these people wont make it to the 3rd interview. Therefore, if u are lucky enough to get a chance of the interview (i m sure most people will do), please remember that u are not competing with the others but yourself. If they think u are suitable, u are in, otherwise u are out.

In fact i found it is easier to be a pilot in UK, u just need apply for the training in some famous flight training school (ie oxford, cabair) then u are very likely to be employed by some regional airliners once u hv graduated. Just be a little bit patience in building up hours on those B737 or A320 then sooner or later u will be flying on the B747 or whatsoever.