PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Over Zealousness
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 14:00
radiation junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loyalty ?

My "Team Manager" always rings me when I am sick. And yes, it is a subtle form of harrassment and intimidation. But our "Visitors" are given a brief and a set of guidelines to follow. I am always polite and thank him for the so called sincere concern. And why not, I really don't care if they ring me or not. When recently asked by my manager, about my future career aspirations in the next 5 years with Qantas, my reply was, retire in 2 years with all my sick leave burned up, just like my long service leave has been. Blank stare !!
My first priority is to my health and my Family.
Loyalty to Qantas, that went a few years ago. But, my attitude to the job and looking after the passengers, sorry, customers has not changed. When at work, I do my job in a professional manner and will always treat our customers with the respect and care that I would expect. Yes, Qantas is slowly sinking into the ground through the greed and stupidity of a narrow minded, sort term gratification orientated management. There is no longer a future in aviation for future generations of Australians. Dixon and his brownnosing rable have seen to that, with help from "little johny". I would love to take the latest VR, but I too am greedy and want to get to 55 for the super and extended travel benefits. Plus I still have a lot of sick leave accrued, and we don't want to waste that, do we ?!