PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAConnect & Flybe
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 13:57
JobsaGoodun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dolly - I'm sorry if you find my reply patronising. It was not my intention, but I do think that there is much legal informatuion that has affected the situation that very few may be fully aware of.

Why now realize they need extra people in crewing and only now start to train them, surely this would have been obvious given the increase in the number of staff.
The deal was signed 3 weeks prior to full aquisition, it would not have been possible to recruit, train and have new employees up to speed in time. It's in everyone interest to have the best staff possible controlling the operation and your roster. As with flightcrew, I'm sure there would have been certain parameters that had to be followed along with obilgations to those employed in the BHX Ops centre. I doubt it would have been legally possible or morally correct to recruit more staff without first offering those staff in BHX the opportunity to relocate and continue in employment.

It may have meant a difficult April for you guys on the line but i'm sure it was no picnic in Ops either having to run the programme on fewer staff than normal, but morally it would absolutely be the right thing to try to integrate the BHX staff if they wanted to relocate.

I guess what i'm, trying to say is that there is more to it than may initially be the case on first sight.

Last edited by JobsaGoodun; 29th Apr 2007 at 16:15.