PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cornet Wales (Prince Harry)
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 09:28
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many Ppruner's have served, or are serving in Iraq/Afghanistan. There are also many complaints or gripes on this site about poor conditions, and long separations for family and loved ones.
IMHO these deployment's are too regular, and many don't see any benefit to the UK from anything WE are doing in Iraq/Afghanistan. But in the true professional British military tradition, the men and women in our forces answer the call, and perform in a class of their own.
BUT, I can't help but think that I had been offered the chance not to risk life and limb, then it may have been much harder to want to go!
I'm not sure if I feel this way due to being a civilian for some time now, or maybe I'm suffering LMF, or whatever reason!. Certainly, when I was younger, I would have wanted to be with my squadron/friends, and to do my bit. But as I say above, would it have been different if I didn't have to go.

IMHO. All credit to Harry, for stepping up to the plate, and having watched both Harry and William on TV recently, Harry seems very at ease and natural in uniform. It seems harry may also have a natural flair for banter!

PLEASE NOTE. I have not offered a spell checker, or criticised anyone's grammar here. so let me off if I have missed a few thing's
Barnstormer1968