PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAConnect & Flybe
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 09:25
JobsaGoodun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am genuinely suprised by some of the comments on here. It's just over 1 month in an everyone seems to be forgetting the enormous task and acheivement made since 25MAR.

Bringing two huge companies together was always going to be tricky, but jeez at least let things settle down a bit (ie) a few months, before you start to gripe at how bad things are.

tiggerific - If the aircraft for the crewmember was a 145, then no, there are no qualified cabincrew based in SOU so looking to standby's is useless. Although I think there are probably a few ex BACon flightdeck who were made to transfer base out of SOU when the base was closed who are now quite happy that Flybe have opened it again for this aircraft.

dolly - did you seriously think that things would just carry on running as they were post 25MAR! Organising one airline of 250 flights a day takes careful planning, doing the same with one that operates close to 500 a day is all the more tricky I'm sure! You'll know how easily things can go wrong, so why not just give people a chance to catch up and take a breath before making judgement on them.

I hope that many ex BACon crew may already have realised that they are operating aircraft with many more passengers on this month in comparison to last month, a clear sign that the Flybe business model is right. Success will mean that conditions can be changed to better everyone's lives so long may this continue.

I've heard that the punctuality results for the combined operation for April is currently around 80% of all flights departing within 15mins of scheduled departure. If correct, and given what has been done, that figure is an awesome acheivement for everyone involved!