View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 07:46
acslame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snr Lame Jobs

I am very dissapointed in the small group of lame's in perth who are
applying for the 4 seniors positions .

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?

The pineapple hasn't put these positions out because there are crews that need running. WAKE UP !! He needs people committed to make his unworkable 8hr roster work! And he is trying to buy them. That is all!
He is telling you its to relieve the Leading hands and DMM's , Well thats
not his agenda. All he cares about is being able to stand up in the commission on the 4th and tell commissioner Watson he is doing something to fullfill his leave obligations.

At present it is almost impossible for snr lames to take leave,
and they are having to fly in people from an ever shrinking pool to relieve the DMM's , all at considerable cost.
This is just one of the issues putting management under pressure in the commission ,but buy applying for these jobs you are giving the pineapple the ammunition he needs to break us!!!!
I have heard the excuses

I am looking long term-
Well fella , I hope you like the situation we are in now because as soon as the pineapple can make this thing work it will be long term so you had better get used to it!

I am doing it for my family-
What , by helping pineapple impose a roster on us that means we never get to see our famillies . You can bet that come bonus time M doesn't give a rat's ass about your family only the bottom dollar for running the operation and saving face! And what makes the needs of your family
more important than anyone elses?

I am looking at the bigger picture -
Well how about you enlighten us all with your knowlage of the future because we would all like to know, better still tell our reps so they can be better prepared in the commision.

I am doing this so the seniors can have time off-
Have you asked them? They are as pissed at you as the rest of us
They are doing there bit and understand the situation

All you are doing is selling out your mates.
You all complained at the amount of OT that some of our DMM's were doing
making pineapples 8hr roster work , even to the point of ending long term friendships over it.
You all complained when travellers came over to provide manpower relief.
even to the point of using the sc-b word.
You gave one of the lames who did overtime so much grief that he may have to change crews .

Well take a look at yourselves now.
Pineapples dosen't need to fly people over now , he has his own little home grown group who sold out there mates for as little as a senior lames payement
Can you guys not see what he is trying to do here? are you that naieve?

What has been the point of all we have been through in the last 6 months
if you can be bought off so easily.You will be used to provide relief for the leading hands and the DMM's , you will be expected to do overtime. you will be moved between the crews at there leisure to put out spot fires
and you will be on call 24 hrs a day for coverage.

Now explain to me the differance between you and the people you complained about above? I don't see a whlo lot of differance do you?
Ask yourselves how you will feel on your first day when you walk in as a
senior, will you be proud or will you be dreading the reaction of your peers

If the latter is the case then that little emotion is called GUILT. That is the
emotion you get when you know you have done the wrong thing. Sadly an emotion that can be missing in some lame's

Some of you asked us to respect your decisions. Well I, and I am sure
others do not. What reson can you have for putting your needs over the
needs of others in the same predicament?
It is not too late to withdraw your applications and be men again.
Or you can let them stand and be shown the same respect as to the
likes of Borat and mini me

I ask you , what is your good name worth to you