PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL av school
Thread: PAL av school
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 03:14
zenflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PAL AV School medical, comments on Clark AV school

hi!

im applying for PAL Av school and was wondering if there's any website or if anyone out there could give an outline of the application/testing procedures, the tests that will have to be taken?
Is it required to have a Body Mass Index to be normal? Im a bit overweight at 180 lbs for 5'10" so does that mean I'll have to shed a few pounds? Thanks!

Also some comments on Clark AV school for those who are interested in applying. I visited their campus just last week (April 2007) and the campus was still pretty much in construction although there were already three batches of students in three classrooms enrolled. The receptionist was kind enough to give me a short tour of the campus. A few comments though I have is that training is done through a computer program. Meaning you sit in front of the computer the whole day and go through a computer program. Doesnt it seem kind of boring? There are instructors though (mostly foreigners) but I was told they only give a short briefing at the start of class, then its all computer based. Also I was told that as yet, they still have no aircraft on campus (although it was mentioned that they already ordered and the aircraft are due for arrival) so this means that there is no actual training flying involved? Is it all simulator and computer based training? Is there anyone out there currently enrolled in Clark AV school who could give some feedback? Thanks!!