PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex; Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 00:50
E&H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gassed Budgie, If you can derive other income while flying in GA then perhaps you could do the same while flying the SAAB/Dash 8 etc.
Personally, I can only speak from my own experience having just left aviation after 18 years and going back into the workforce outside of aviation. What a different world, employers valueing your contribution and bending over backwards to keep you happy - not to mention the amount of money you can make. Its funny a lot of people/pilots say that they are in aviation for the lifestyle (I was one of them). Hard to have a lifestyle without the money.
I have a lot of fantastic memories and experiences. It is a nice feeling to be out of the industry and all the bitterness that seems to follow it around. I feel like a whole new world of different interests and opportunities are opening up - and did I mention the money?
If you have made your decision I wouldn't get too het up about it. But just maybe you can have the best of both worlds - I feel like I have and have no regrets for my time as a pilot.
Just my two bobs worth.