PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2007, 23:30
mmeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IT flights

I know it is early and lots of things can change between now and Summer 2008, but it also appears that MyTravel have cut the Palma, Alicante and Paphos flights for 2008 too. They are not in the brochure and not available to book on the website either. Having said this there is still lots of confusion as Thomas Cook has Corfu on TOM in the 2008 brochure.

If this is all correct, I am surprised at such huge cutbacks by Thomson. We were not expecting a base but to go from the amount of flights this year to just 3 destinations next year is terrible. Do the people of the Tees Valley really only want to go to Majorca, Ibiza and Benidorm? Or I guess they are expecting us to travel to Newcastle to go anywhere else. Looks like the airport will be relying on Flyglobespan for a lot of business next year and will have a job on their hands to persuade people to book direct with flyglobespan and not go to a travel agent and be told to fly from up the road. (and believe me, I have been to 3 travel agents in Darlington today to book a holiday and they all suggest going from Newcastle as a first option)

Some good news is the Ryanair Gerona flight, 4497 pax in March which I work out to be about a 84% load factor, and even Dublin picked up to about a 64%load factor.