PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Skies.
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2007, 21:02
Bruntingthorpe Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least give it a chance!

Hi all
A few simple questions for you all,
1) Why do so many people on this forum want so desperately for this project to fail?
2) How well qualified are those of you who describe so graphically this giant jigsaw that will never go back together again, to comment on such things?
3) have any of you have ever seen an airliner in the hangar just a couple of days before it takes you half way around the world on holiday?
I am one of those guys you see at Bruntingthorpe in overalls climbing all over the aircraft (but not the Vulcan), I do however meet the guys and gals who do work on, and support her on a very regular basis. I also happen to be an A Licensed Aircraft Engineer, so I am well placed to comment on the progress I see.
I can tell you that they are all working very hard and very professionally to meet there target dates, they are doing there best, and it is already a fantastic achievement. The dedication of the volunteers who man the stalls at airshows, and who turn up at Bruntingthorpe regularly, and for no pay, is to be applauded. It is so easy to sit at home on your PC, and throw virtual eggs at these people over the internet, but at least let the project fail before you criticise the hard work and dedication that has driven this project from day one.
These people have given over large chunks of there lives to this project, lets show them all a little respect, when she does take to the air again (and it will be very soon) will all of you doubters stand and watch in awe like the rest of us, or will you go and find a new project to knock?