PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex; Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2007, 14:22
melpax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have family that earn 60K answering phones in a call centre.... which I was completely horrified to learn just recently. In light of finding this out, I am actually a bit ashamed that I have accepted the T&C's at Rex in order to be employed.

I'm one of those $60K call centre jockeys (taking OT & super into account!), and it's a disgrace that the pay is so low, taking into account the skills and experience needed, not to mention the expense & hassle to get the licences, etc...... If a FO is paid around $40K, god knows how much (or little) the FA's are on........ it's a wonder they can attract anyone at all to work for them.

And the cleaning duties, UMs, if that was taken into an office setting ie making people empty their own bins & vaccum up at the end of each day, the union would be called in quick smart.

Mind you, having worked for Asian employers in the past, they are masters at getting the most out of their staff for the least amount of money, they won't pay you a cent more than they have to. Good luck guys.