PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Driving airside without driving permit.
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2007, 19:27
Matty J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm bit of a tricky one.

During my 4 years on the ramp at Stansted i saw this kind of thing happen alot, and the outcome was not good in any case.

Alot depends on certain things, for instance, Who caught you? (Airport Authority, Employer, Police etc). What is you disiplinary record like? Have you ever received any Airside driver training? What Airport was it at?

The last guy this happend to before i left was caught by the companys Training officer and as he was already serving a 1yr driving ban (For hitting a 737!) he was dismissed.

The offence is not so much just a driving thing, its more of a Heath and Safety issue and that is what they will try to do you for. In nearly all cases i have witnessed it was the Heath and Safety issue which resulted in the employee's dismissal. What u have to remember is that the ramp is a dangerous place and by driving with no permit (and presumably no training) you pose a risk to Passengers, Workers, Aircraft and yourself as well has various other things.

It was a foolish thing to do so prepare for the worst. Depending on your answers to the above questions you may get just a final written warning, but these things are not normally taken lightly.

Good Luck.