PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax cockpit access - are there rules?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2007, 15:30
Kurtz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr gengis ALSO said:

idiots like you would be on a no-fly list as being, next to terrorists, the next greatest threat to an airplane.
Would it be asking too much to explain precisely how a concerned passenger can be a threat to an aeroplane, let alone the most significant threat to the aircraft after a terrorist? It is this sort of ridiculous hyperbole which devalues our profession. Given the reliability and accuracy of aeroplanes today and their on-board systems, it is a fact that most aircraft accidents are a direct result of a misjudgement from the Flight Deck. i.e. the Captain, the one with all the bars, the one pronouncing "not on my watch". He's the guy responsible for most disasters - maybe HE should be banned too!!! It would be hysterical were it not so pathetic. (How the hell you get three people into the space between the door and the centre console in a 738 without causing a Flight Safety hazard I cannot imagine.) MM, you are bang on the money ! I sincerely hope any SLF reading this thread consider carefully and continue to alert any member of my crew to ANYTHING they consider untoward. I hugely regret not being able to allow you onto the Flight Deck during the Flight, I hope you understand. However, feel free ALWAYS to ask the Purser for a visit after we've landed, and for as long as we both have time, you can come and visit. If you have a camera with you, you're welcome to get a pic of yourself and/or family in the drivers' seats if you so wish - no problem!!