PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf Hs-125 Vh-ece
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2007, 14:00
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BSB G'day

Yeah I remember her as a racy young girl and the youngsters who used to flirt with her. She could tell you a story or two.

Cameras of the day were pretty expensive as I recall either 35mm SLRs or Box Brownies and not much in between. And you had to wait a week or so to get a bunch of pics back from the developer, more than half of which weren't worth the powder with which to blow em up.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't get find a bucket load, just working out which box in the shed.

Nowadays edit as you go and more than you could look at in three lifetimes.

Went and had another look today, the sawtooth and the low rise building behind are long gone. Back in the 60's the low rise was variously the old international/domestic terminal, the RACWA and Ansett Catering. The saw tooth building if I have it correctly housed variously, RACWA aircraft, Jimmy Woods' Anson for the Rotto run and a DH Mosquito that was purchased for a London to Sydney or the other way Air Race eventually becoming before it was demolished an Ansett?? freight depot??

And somewhre behind the yellow arrow is the Murchison Terminal, but I cant work out what the building to the north is.

Now if the Cocktail Bar of the Orbit Inne could talk, my God what stories it could tell.