PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cornet Wales (Prince Harry)
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2007, 11:47
GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brandnew, for my part (notwithstanding your one man JSP101 impersonation), you were doing fine up to;
Originally Posted by brandnew
In essence, there are far more newsworthy stories than the upcoming deployment of Cornet Wales: the total lack of funding for essential UOR projects; the shameful waste of money on such projects as Typhoon, T45 and the Nimrod MK4; the appalling treatment of our wounded; the 18 month delay on mineproof vehicles for Basra.

I would have hoped that you weren't yet another "can't see beyond the current tribal hostilities" experts. Look at the bigger picture as there are some potent bad buggers out there who are lying low just now. OK; for various reasons, the Typhoon and Nimrod 4 are late and over budget but we will probably still need them and the T45s.

My simple view is that the Prince Harry has been commissioned and joined his Unit. If they deploy then so should he. If he takes a hit, it will be very sad but hardly a national catastrophe. I have seen the responsibility for making his Unit a prize target argument in many of the Posts here. That may be so and we need the Media to wind in their necks for the duration of his Tour. Secondly, why are we convincing ourselves that it can only have one big negative impact? I'm sure the likes E Rommel would have taken such a disadvantage and turned to an advantage. Of course Johnny RH will want to capture the lad or at least kill him. To take randomness away from either, he will have to make additional effort and probably in greater concentration. He will probably show a greater presence and take greater and bolder risks. He's up against a trained and disciplined force that will capitalise on any mistakes and recklessness. Instead of viewing it as intolerable risk and overwhelming odds, lets look for a target rich environment.

I do hope that he and his return alive and in one piece.