PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in the U,S and A!
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2007, 11:01
Bry78

As one person mentioned, there are tons of opportunities for work in the U.S. I'm in the helicopter side of things, and can tell you that there are hundreds of jobs out there.
The average A&P helicopter mechanic on the east side of the U.S. makes around $42,000 to $55,000 U.S. dollars. Some jobs pay more, some pay less. Also, keep in mind that the cost of living varies greatly around the country, and most companies pay accordingly (Higher cost of living, higher pay). I can assure you the cost of living will be cheaper in the U.S. than in Norway.
You may want to look at contracting work, which there is a lot of in all sectors of aviation. I know Keystone Helicopters, near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is constantly looking for people. Check out JSFirm.com for U.S. maintenance opportunities.
The A&P shouldn't be a problem to obtain. If you have the experience documented, which since you're licensed in Norway I'm sure you do, it's just a matter of taking some tests.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance. If you are a helicopter mechanic I may be able to give you some ideas.