PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2007, 09:51
Damianik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice

Nice job Commander1, i was reading the post out of curiosity, i am a FO in RYR and i have been a Cabin Crew for a Major european airline in the past. The training there is longer, so it is less compressed, the thing you had to learn were basically the same, but put on the table in a more decent way.
The company attitude is the cause of the instructor attitude, you will find out during safety recurrent training...i had to seat one 1 month ago that lasted from 3:40am LT to 630pm LT, can you imagine? 5 cabin crews out of 6 were failed and retested at the end of the day and us pilots had to watch them burn as a reminder of what it is to be unprepared.
I think the feeling you had was right and some people should just consider that "if it was that bad nobody would work for them" and i assure you, if there were jobs around that required NO particular degree or schooling, then nobody would want to be airborne for 180 hours a month when the max for europe is 100hours.
That is one of the reasons. And regarding passengers well, RYR is attracting one of the worst kind of pax around, i once or twice carried GYPSIES ...i would never have believe 4 years ago that flying was "for everybody", where is the train gone?
Anyways, keep up for a while, then look for something else, but always try to talk to people and try to show disapproaval for certain practises, we are all doing this, trying to make working for RYR little bit better.
Best Regs,
d