PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cornet Wales (Prince Harry)
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2007, 09:38
reallydeskbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no great interest in whether Harry serves in Iraq or not but what I can say is that the MOD PR machine is to blame for the media feeding frenzy that surrounds this decision. Why was he not permitted to deploy quietly with no fanfare? His troop could have been deployed anywhere in the world on paper - to satisfy the medias unending curiosity - and then ended up in Iraq, served their time and returned - when an annoucement could have been made!

Getting back to the debacle of the MOD press office - their tacit support for the Navy hostage sales campaign, their attempt to bury the news on 6 Sqn's early demise makes me wonder where our leader are getting their advice from? All I can say is that the uniformed element within that particular department has been decimated in recent years as the civil service (note the lack of capitals) disestablishes military positions and fills them with their own form of ineptitude. The lack of military expertise, brainpower, and experience is sadly lacking in many areas now - and it is irrecoverable.