PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training Petition
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2007, 09:15
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting and well thought out posts. In particular the issue of linking training to some formm of tax incentive is the most attractive. However considering this near bankrupt New Labour administration I doubt they would ever entertain such an idea especially from the pilot faternity who are hardly core labour voters

I also agree that the ATPL were difficult but compared to my Engineering Degree they were relatively easier. However that doesn't exempt aviation from attempting to find better ways in how course costs could be paid and how FTOs can reduce their costs. It all appears far too insular, other countries around the world seem to be cheaper than us why must we be burdened with high prices? i.e. conduct some courses overseas or some portion of the training that satisfies the CAA criteria for licence issue but keeps the training activity somewhere else and thus the UK taxman at bay. I am nopt advocating wholescale movement of training elsewhere but at least some components could be perhaps? Again the word here is innovation and UK FTOs need to start doing that.