PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rothmans Aerobatic Team (& Others)
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2007, 05:35
hotstart54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to get together?

Mike Edwards (Marcus' son) and I are hatching a small but cunning plan. At the moment it is some eleven hours old having been born in 'The Cave' in Singapore in the early hours.
We are musing over a 'RATs of All Time' get together, probably somewhere like Booker for dinner and drinks. The format of the evening is by no means set and we are taking suggestions.

Questions rotate around the following. Is this a good idea? - and if it is......

Q/ Would this be a quiet social evening for just former team members or should it be (reasonably) open?
Q/ Should we tack a mini fly-in to it?
Q/ Should it be formal, based around a swimming pool or just be a 'renting party' with old flying suits only - freshly laundered?
Q/ Should we invite anyone specially?
Q/ Should we include an mini air display as part of the occasion?
Q/ Should we have the event timed to coincide with an air display?
Q/ Can you think of any other questions that might be pertinent?

ps: Some of these questions are intentionally rhetorical.

We might have communicated this suggestion privately but as this thread has it's own legs, I thought it would be fun to make the questions open and see what came back. Also we don't have contact details for all the personalities concerned.

Fire away!

Suggestions, here (it will be fun for us all to read them) and/or to my email here [email protected]

My Blog - post related

Last edited by hotstart54; 27th Apr 2007 at 09:16.