PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2007, 10:05
Hubbly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There seems to be some response on the lack of transfers from SFG to LHR.

FOr those of you who have expressed your disdain at this, here is a little ditty of which you may now be aware....

As many of you are by now aware, British Airways are recruiting internally and externally in to EF LHR.

BASSA believes that YOU should have been offered an opportunity for some of you to have the ability to transfer to this base if you so wished, within the opportunities and choice framework that has been agreed by BOTH BASSA and British Airways.

As BA and BASSA have had NO meetings on manpower moves since November 06 (see BASSA news article BA and BASSA meetings), this appears a classic “smash and grab” situation, where some of the managers are blatantly ignoring the agreement whilst no meetings are held.

There seems to be a few managers within BA, who are still hell bent on confrontation, despite both sides agreed approach to have better working relationships.

We have asked to have an emergency manpower meeting, as the ballot has now closed and cannot be used as a convenient obstruction to hold talks.

We will, as ever, keep you fully informed via BASSA news.

I have chosen to post this here as it is also posted on other non-union(BA) forums.

One question for the crew member at LGW with the forum name SX-------?

You claim to have worked at SFG for 3 years in several of your threads. Can you please clarify HOW you managed to work at SFG before it was even setup(It will only be 1 year old in October 2007). It has had me confused for quite sometime. My understanding is that you may have been Gatwick based at EOG prior to SFG being started am I wrong in my assumption?