PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about putting music from cd's onto an mp3 player.
Old 26th Apr 2007, 10:01
Keef

Official PPRuNe Chaplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can echo that. I have an Ipod, which travels around with me and provides my kind of music. It's a nice device, and does a good job of playing music. It's hopeless at diary synch with Outlook, but that's very much a secondary need.

If I'd realised what a palaver it is to set up, I'd probably have bought something else. Reliability is also not impressive - the first one died within a week, and they wanted to take it back and repair it. I went all stroppy and said I didn't want a repaired dud at new-unit price thank you, and they replaced it with a new one. My daughter is on her fourth, for similar reasons.

They are very picky devices. When you get them working, they're excellent, but you can only keep your music on one PC. Since I commute a bit, I wanted to be able to synch the Ipod at either end. Nope. Not allowed by Mr Apple.

Amazingly, with all these disadvantages, Ipods seem to be dearer than other brands, rather than cheaper.