PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My First Line Flight
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2007, 22:57
pilot joshua 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inspiring News!

Hey all,

First of all I would just like to say a massive congrats to Cat 3, what an inspiring post, fantastic to read.

I have a few comments I would like to share with you guys, this is my first post but I have been reading through these forums for a long time.

First of all, I am a 16 year old boy who started my PPL at 14, Aviation, to become an airline pilot is my life... and like many others, i am totaly determined and devoted to reaching my goal. This brings me onto my point.

To start with, I am honoured to be posting this along with Airline Pilots in the industry. But after the very inspiring post of Cat3 I am very disappointed to read of the negative things written. I am fully aware that many people feel differently and everyone is very entitled to their opinion, but I constantly read posts full of negativity. Reading these posts will never change my aspirations of becoming an airline pilot. But it is not very inspiring for young budding airline pilots to read either.

I think that pilots who may not be happy in their positions should take a moment before their share their opinions of negativity in such an inspiring post. I have a long way ahead of me yet, and it would be nice to here positive things from pilots within their jobs. I have many friends in the industry who say it’s the best thing in the world. I apologise for the downheartedness of my post, and I also realise that I do not share everyone’s personal circumstances and cannot share their feelings.

I am starting to babble now, but goodness me; People also get almost applauded for injecting negative thoughts in such an inspiring post. Reading Cat 3's first ever day on the line put a huge smile across my face at the dream of myself being their one day, Only to have that smile wiped of by people having no desire to inspire the next generation of pilots.

Please do not think that I am aiming this post at anyone, because really I am not, I just feel a positive lift toward posts and especially inspiring posts such as this wouldn’t heart this forum at all!

Sorry if I offended anyone, and I hope you can empathise with my views and thoughts.

Congrats again Cat3!
Josh