PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA new Club World Product.
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2007, 22:38
TwinAisle
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted this on another forum some time back - might be useful to someone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know whether this trip report adds to anyone's store of knowledge, but if it does, great!

I've just got off the BA26, operated by 'LN, with NCW. I thought I'd share some thoughts with you as someone who has fallen out with the Exec Club, but who has a respect for BA and their crew. I do prefer EK though, so these comments should be read in that context.

The Good Points:

1. The cabin looks very nice. The colour won't appeal to everyone, it is the sort of stone/whitey colour that computers are frequently finished in, but to me it looks contemporary, spacious and modern (albeit a bit like a server farm!!) The unusual lightfitting (very 1960s!) looks great as well, as does the illuminated Speedwing. Carpets are new, mid blue.

2. The meal table - a million miles improved on the old one, easier to open, doesn't foul the monitor etc, slides nicely back and fore. Could do with a slightly lipped edge though, to stop things sliding off.

3. The laptop drawer - brilliant idea!

4. AVOD - great screen, very easy to use, and on my flight faultless - the AVOD engineer had a quiet time. Although the choice of films and programmes I thought was a tad limited...

5. The seat is VERY comfortable, especially when down as a bed. Slept for over 8 hours last night, which I never managed in OCW. Feels much more padded, and the head rest is firmer and higher. The armrests drop down nicely as well.

6. It feels much more private than OCW - I was in the front row window seat on the lower deck - 12K - and it felt very private.

The Not So Good Points:

1. The seat, when it is upright, feels narrower than OCW. It may be the "wing" on the seat.

2. The dividing screen - made of a sort of translucent plastic. If your "other half" has the light on, it glows badly - would be much better if more lightproof.

3. The footstool is now part of the next seat, rather than anchored to the floor. My footstool fell down during the night, and the shockwave this put through the next seat woke the guy up - not so good.

4. It all feels a bit fragile, to be honest. Everything wobbles, and compared to OCW, it feels much flimsier. Also, the reclining mechanism is quite noisy and "clunky" - it helped to get off the seat to adjust it, or at least raise my weight off it.

5. The colour doesn't hide dirt.... the cabin had many grubby fingerprints apparent. Also, those new pillows are ghastly - dated and look downright grubby.

6. The reading light is downright fiddly - and they have dispensed with the overhead light entirely, which doesn't help.

7. The new Raid the Larder thing was pretty uninspiring - a few honey flapjacks, Twix bars and drinks....

TA