PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GAF Tornado loss in 80's due to HIRTA flyby?
Old 25th Apr 2007, 20:03
gonadz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,

Many thanks for that. Your memory may be failing you a little regarding the Tornado accident. I know the details of that particular accident in some detail.... The the front seater saw the A-10 head-on at a late stage and took immediate & moderate avoiding action. Meanwhile his navigator, who had been-head down taking a fix, and being mindful of the moderate manoeuvering and recent GAF accident initiated command ejection. I understand that the missunderstanding was cleared up whilst collecting parachutes in a field. So this particular accident was not directly attributable to the electromagnetic influence of HIRTA's.

L-P

I appreciate & understand your concern. However I have deliberately kept my comments to a period over 20 years ago when I believe military emc was likely in the early stages of development. I hope that things have moved on considerably over this period.

If you feel strongly that I am prying into an area beyond what is currently available in the public domain please feel free to pm me and I'll try to direct my postings appropriately. I have researched only public domain data through the internet and the engineering department where I am studying.